English: Sfîntu Gheorghe – also known as Sfântu Gheorghe. In Hungarian (before 1919 and also between 1940 and 1944 it was part of Hungary and) officially called Sepsiszentgyörgy. The town has a 3/4 Hungarian population. Behind the camera TRICOTAJE … The machine is a Gloria CP-12 made in Romania by Semanatoarea which built Claas and Laverda combines under licence. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Present-day județ (county) in central Romania. Before 1918 it formed easternmost Transylvania (the county of Háromszék) and between the wars was, more or less, the Romanian județ of Trei Scaune. Sfîntu Gheorghe, the capital of all these counties, is on the River Olt, northeast of Brașov.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink