Cîmpulung Moldovenesc, by night (Photo credit: Marius B)
Inter-war county in northern Romania, in the southern Bukovina, named after the town of Cîmpulung Moldovonesc, on the River Moldova, tributary of the Seret, west of Suceava.
(There is also a town of Cîmpulung in Wallachia, capital of the former county of Muscel).
The district was acquired from Austria after the Great War, and remained in Romania in 1940 and 1944 when the northern Bukovina became part of the USSR.
This entry was posted in Austria
and tagged Bukovina
. Bookmark the permalink