CEMAIS Or, Cemaes.
- Cantref in southwest Wales
- Later a Marcher lordship.
Cemais extended from the shores of the Bay of Cardigan to the Preseli Mountains in the south, and lay between the lands of the Bishop of St David’s and the estuary of the River Teifi.
It became a Marcher lordship early in the 12th century, held at first by the family of Fitzmartin and later by the Lords Audley, and their heirs, the Tuchet family. It remained Marcher land until 1536 (from 1525 in the hands of George Owen of Henllys), when it became northernmost Pembrokeshire.