County in the Holy Roman Empire, in northern Germany. The towns of Bruchhausen (now part of Bruchhausen-Vilsen) and Neubruchhausen (to the west) lie south of Bremen in the Landkreis of Diepholz in the Land of Niedersachsen.
The district belonged to the County of Wildeshausen, a branch of Oldenburg, in the 12th century. It became a separate County in 1199 and divided into the counties of Altbruchhausen and Neubruchhausen in 1234. They were acquired by Hoya, the county to the east of them, in 1338 and 1384 respectively.