BROMFIELD & YALE
Marcher lordship in northeastern Wales, which included Wrexham. It was formed in 1282 from the north of the Welsh principality of Powys Fadog (North Powys). Its lands had belonged to the old cantref of Maelor; the western part of the lordship was the former Welsh commote of Iâl.
The first lord was John, Earl de Warenne. With the extinction of the Warennes in 1347, Bromfield & Yale passed to the Fitzalan Earls of Arundel. In 1536 it became the east of the new county of Denbighshire.